How Therapy Can Help
Our emotions dictate and determine how we see the world. When you have control over your emotions you have control over your behavsession iour. When we become anxious, distressed, depressed or living in fear, the rational part of our brain is suppressed and the emotional brain takes over. We become time travellers trapped in the past ruminating, worrying, restless and agitated, driving us to despair with guilt, shame, secrets and unresolved business. Glimpses of the future may be glimpses of catastrophe, hopelessness and emptiness. As your counsellor I am here to listen to you, to guide you and to bring to your awareness alternative ways of being in the world. Collaborative counselling can bring insight and access to your imagination and your own forgotten inner strengths. You can change your life trajectory. You can find your personal path and spread it with peace, well-being, balance and spiritual wholeness.
Some of the approaches that influence my work include:
- CBT Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT): Therapist leads session.
- Person-Centred Therapy: Client leads session with less direction from therapist.
- Psychoanalytic Therapy: Focus on the subconscious and past early experiences.
Some of the areas I work in include:
- Work Related Stress
- Anxiety disorders
- Relationship Problems
- Low self-esteem
- Grief and loss
- Anger management
- Post Traumatic Stress (PTSD)
- Ruminating (Worry and stress of living in the past)